Berkswell & Balsall Rugby Football Club promotes the core values of Rugby Union:
Berkswell & Balsall Rugby Football Club (RFC), its Officers, Coaches and Managers, acknowledge the personal dignity and rights of children, towards whom they have a special responsibility and a duty of care.
Berkswell & Balsall RFC confirms that it adheres to the Rugby Football Union’s Safeguarding Policy Guidance and Procedures, practices and guidelines and adopts the Policy Statement contained in that document and any successor policy.
A child or young person is anyone under the age of 18 engaged in any rugby union activity. However, where a 17-year-old young player is playing in the adult game it is essential that every reasonable precaution is taken to ensure their safety and wellbeing is protected and appropriate consents obtained where necessary.
The key principles of the RFU Safeguarding Policy are that:
• The welfare of the child is, and must always be, paramount to any other considerations.
• All participants regardless of age, gender, ability or disability, ethnicity, religious belief, size, shape, language or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse or harm.
• All allegations or suspicions of abuse, neglect, harm and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly, fairly and appropriately.
• Working in partnership with other organisations, statutory agencies, parents, carers, children and young people is essential for the welfare of children.
• Children have a right to expect support, and personal and social development delivered by an appropriately recruited, vetted and managed in relation to their participation in rugby union, whether they are playing, volunteering or officiating in the community or professional areas of the sport.
Berkswell & Balsall RFC recognises that all children have the right to participate in sport in a safe, positive and enjoyable environment whilst at the same time being protected from abuse, neglect, harm and emotional poor practice. BBRFC recognises that this is the responsibility of everyone involved, in whatever capacity, at the club.
Berkswell & Balsall RFC will do everything possible to provide a safe environment for children and young people while they are in our care. If there is any reason to suspect neglect or that abuse has taken place, Berkswell & Balsall RFC will report concerns to the appropriate authority.
If you have concerns about any issues related to the safety of young people at Berkswell & Balsall RFC then please contact the Club Safeguarding Officer Bev Mabey or a member of the Mini & Junior Committee.
Contact Details for ANY concerns or questions:
Club Safeguarding Officer - Bev Mabey - firstname.lastname@example.org or 07703 183823
M&J Chairman - Andy Kerrane - email@example.com or 07789 736598
M&J Vice-Chairman, Fixture Secretary & Club Coaching Co-Ordinator - Liam Harper - firstname.lastname@example.org or 07920 201138
M&J Secretary - Lynne Meacham - email@example.com or 07855 805869
County Safeguarding Manager (Warwickshire RFU) - Jane Waterhouse - firstname.lastname@example.org or 07931 589075
NSPCC Helpline (18 years old or under)
Free, Confidential advice and support whatever your worry, whenever you need help
T: 0800 1111 or www.nspcc.org.uk
NSPCC Helpline (adults)
T: 0808 800 5000 or www.nspcc.org.uk
Child Protection in Sport Unit
0116 234 7278 or www.thecpsu.org.uk
Please see the below links for the RFU policies that Berkswell & Balsall Rugby Football Club use as part of their safeguarding framework.